The Destination



Oh, it has been 5 years I graduated. Waiting for my post graduation, hanging myself in a job, I have been on constant eyes of my parents, relatives, friends and girlfriend.

In the morning I open my eyes, a message of my friend pops out in messenger, "Goodnight friend. See you soon in Australia". Another message pops out, "Hey buddy, got a job in US. Have you still not applied for USA ?"

Tired of seeing these messages, I have managed to mute all of these conversations, left out of group conversations who are applying for VISA to abroad countries.

In the afternoon, when I am in work, I meet a senior government official, my relative. He assumes a renowned position in a reputed office. A call (Skype) buzzes in his phone . I don't know if he is showboating me, but he talks with his son(residing in Australia for the last 5 years) right in front of me. I try to shun his phone call, but couldn't. He was the one convincing me and my parents to send me abroad. As a civil service oriented job, he should have taught his son to live in his own country. Children of politicians, government job holders end up their career overseas, how could general parents convince their children to stay in the home turf?

After a hectic day at work, a lovely call with her is all demanded by my cells and so do I :) . During the call, she never gets tired lauding her friends who are living in US, Australia. This only adds spice to my already heated nerves. I am constantly convincing her to stay and do in own country.

I switch the TV on to get through the news of the day. A news titled "34,000 temporary employees reprieved" hit my brain. It read that the temporary employees staged a demonstration in Singhadurbar, the primary administrative office demanding their reinstatement. The employees challenged the decision of government to relieve them of their duties in the new fiscal year.

I received an unlikely call from her. Oh, she had missed a government job during interview for a straight second time and this time just by a number. Another 2 years of struggle went in vain. Instantly I uttered, "We are going. Lets join IELTS."




Comments

Popular Posts